Jump to section
The Cardiovascular Science Program currently uses a modified rolling admissions process. Completed applications are reviewed and decisions are made at regular intervals during the admissions cycle until the class is filled. The admissions process is highly selective and applicants are encouraged to apply within the priority or standard application deadlines in the cycle listed below.
Priority Application Deadline - October 1
Applicants who submit completed materials on or before October 1 will be given first consideration for admissions and will be notified of the application decision on or before January 31. Applicants who are not accepted in the program at this time will be rolled over into the Standard Application Deadline.
Standard Application Deadline - March 1
Applicants who submit completed application materials on or before March 1 will be considered for admissions and will be notified of the application decision on or before May 31. Students are encouraged to apply during the Priority or Standard Application
Deadlines. Applications received between March 1 and May 31 will be considered on a rolling basis for seats that may be available or placement on the alternate list.
Admission to the Cardiovascular Science Program at Midwestern University is considered on a competitive basis for prospective students who hold a bachelor's level (or its equivalent) or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Applications are reviewed by the Office of Admissions for completeness and referred to the Admissions Committee to determine eligibility for applicant interviews. Final acceptance into the Cardiovascular Science Program is determined by the Admissions Committee with the approval of both the Director of the Cardiovascular Science Program and the Dean.
The Dean, via Office of Admissions, notifies applicants in writing of the admission action/decision. Decisions on acceptance are made until the maximum enrollment for each class is reached.
To be considered for admission to the Cardiovascular Science Program, applicants must submit documentation of the following:
- Completion of a bachelor's level or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 and minimum cumulative science GPA of 2.75 on a scale of 4.00.
- GRE is required within 5 years to matriculation. Submit using Midwestern University code 4160.
- Completion of the Application for Admission.
- Completion of the minimum number of prerequisite courses at a regionally accredited college or university.
- o All prerequisites must be completed with a grade of C or better
- o Grades of C- are not acceptable for any prerequisite courses
- Completion of the Program's interview process (by invitation only).
- Passage of the Midwestern University criminal background check.
- Commitment to abide by the Midwestern University Drug-Free Workplace and Substance Abuse Policy.
Social and Behavioral Sciences (e.g., sociology, psychology, anthropology)
Biology (must include laboratory)
General Chemistry (inorganic; must include laboratory)
|Applied Mathematics (college algebra or higher)
|English (emphasizing composition, communication, and language skills)
|General Education electives (recommended courses include fine arts, humanities, ethics, philosophy, foreign language, business principles, computer information systems, economics, and cultural anthropology.)
|Total Credit Hours
To be considered for admission into the Cardiovascular Science Program, applicants must submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed Application for Admission to be submitted online through: https://online.midwestern.edu/public/initapp.cgi?prog=AGPF&sess=FA&yr=2011
- A nonrefundable, nonwaivable application fee of $50 upon submission of online application
- Two signed and sealed letters of recommendation. Electronic submissions will be accepted via email directly from the letter writer in PDF format
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended post-high school
- GRE general test scores earned within the last three years. Scores can be submitted to Midwestern University by using school code 4160
All supporting documents should be sent to:
Office of Admissions
19555 North 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308
623/572-3215 or 888/247-9277
Please note: Applicants may track the receipt of application materials and the status of the applicant's files on the University's website with the instructions for accessing account information that will be sent by the Office of Admissions after receipt of the application. Applicants are responsible for notifying the Office of Admissions of any changes in mailing address and/or e- mail address. All requests for application withdrawals must be made in writing via e-mail, fax or letter to the Office of Admissions at the above address.